Monday, December 15, 2014

Coming Home by Tracy Garrett

COMING HOME is here!

Do you remember the first time you were in a new place or met a new person and felt you belonged, that you’d finally come home? Maybe it’s a new house, where you walked in the front door and said to yourself, “This is what I’ve been looking for.” Mine was the first date with my future husband. I knew this man was my “home” no matter where life took us—and it’s taken us quite a few places!

In my short story, COMING HOME, Jericho Hawken meets Maryland Henry and her three nieces and knows he’s found what he’s been searching for. But there are some big boulders in their path to happiness.

I’m so happy to share that Coming Home has been released as an electronic short story for only .99! [It was first released as part of the Hearts and Spurs anthology from Prairie Rose Publications.]

Here’s a little taste:



COMING HOME:  Sometimes it takes two to make dreams come true.

When a man who believes he’ll never have a home and family…
Former U.S. Marshal Jericho Hawken should have been shepherding a wagon train to new territory, but he unwillingly left them vulnerable to a vicious raider. The murder of the settlers he was supposed to be guarding is the hardest thing he’s ever had to face…until he meets the sister of one of the settlers.

…finds a woman who has lost everything…
Instead of a joyous reunion with her brother, Maryland Henry has come to River’s Bend to take responsibility for her three orphaned nieces. Fired from her teaching position and with no other family on whom to rely, Mary believes Jericho Hawken is responsible for all her woes. Or is he what she’s been searching for all along?

It takes a lot of forgiveness and a few fireworks to realize that together their dreams can come true.


Excerpt:
Jericho met her gaze. “I was hired as extra security for their wagon train and was assigned to ride with the group of wagons they traveled in. I spent a lot of nights at your family’s fire on the trip out from Saint Louis. Your brother and his wife were kind and generous people.”
He watched Mary’s throat work as she battled back tears that made her blue eyes seem huge in her pale face. When she squared her shoulders and lifted her chin, he knew his time for avoiding the truth was over.
“What happened, Mr. Hawken?”
Self-loathing threatened to choke him. “I’m not sure.”
She glanced at Matt, then returned her piercing gaze to Jericho. “I don’t understand. Did it happen at night? Was it too dark for you to see?”
He gulped down the liquid in his glass and carefully set the crystal aside when he wanted to hurl it against the stone hearth. “I wasn’t there.”
“Where—”
“I was in jail.”
The tiny bit of color the brandy had given her drained away. “What!”
“You can’t hate me more than I despise myself, Miss Henry.” He rose and prowled the room. “I saw—someone I knew. From my past. Someone I thought never to lay eyes on again. It’s no excuse, but I got drunk. When the law decided I needed to extend my stay in their little town, the wagons went on without me. I followed as soon as they let me go. I was only a couple of hours behind, but… It was one hour too long.”

I’m giving away an electronic copy of COMING HOME to one reader who leaves a comment today.

Coming Home will be released on DECEMBER 4. Find me on Facebook (TracyGarrett.author), Twitter (TGarrett_author) or stop by my website, www.TracyGarrett.com, to keep up on what’s new. And thanks for visiting today!

Tracy



BUY LINKS: Only 99 cents
Smashwords--  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/497634
Barnes & Noble 


TRACY GARRETT

BIOGRAPHY:

Award-winning multi-published author Tracy Garrett has always loved to disappear into the pages of a book. An accomplished musician, Tracy merged her need for creativity, love of history, and passion for reading when she began writing western historical romance. First published in 2007, Tracy joined the Prairie Rose Publications in its inaugural anthology in 2013. She is a regular blogger on Petticoats and Pistols. Tracy resides in Missouri with her husband and their fuzzy kid, Wrigley.

22 comments:

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Tracy, Coming Home is a fantastic story. This is the perfect time of year for a heartwarming romance.
I am so happy to have you as a guest at the TRR blog today.
I wish you a wonderful holiday season and plenty of joy.

TracyG said...

Thank you for inviting me, Sarah. COMING HOME holds a special place in my heart. I'm happy you enjoyed my story. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Tracy--I know you are very experienced and successful writing historical western romances, and I have no doubt it will be good. The excerpt really hits "home." I sound as though there might have been enough for a full length novel...but as the experts say, when it's finished..it's finished. Good luck with your short! Readers really seem to like them more and more.

TracyG said...

Thanks, Celia. I might have written more, but you're correct, when it's finished...
Glad you stopped by!

Linda Hubalek said...

Love the title and theme of the book. I'd love to read it!

TracyG said...

Hi, Linda!!! Thanks for dropping in.

Renaissance Women said...

Great story, and so well told. Doris

Kirsten Lynn said...

This sounds like such a wonderful story, Tracy, I have to move it up in my TBR pile.

Best of luck!!

TracyG said...

Thank you, Doris. :)

Kirsten, I hope you enjoy the story. It's a good one for a snowy evening in front of the fireplace.

Thanks for dropping by, ladies.

Kristy McCaffrey said...

Such a wonderful story, Tracy! Enjoyed it very much. :-)

Tanya Hanson said...

Congratulations, Tracy. This is a wonderful story! I have a few special places in my heart, among which is Lake Tahoe. No I don't live there but somehow, I belong there anyway. Merry Christmas!

Lyn Horner said...

Great cover and the story sounds wonderful! I'd love to read it.

TracyG said...

Thank you, Kristy!

Tanya, I know what you mean about belonging somewhere you don't live. :) And Lake Tahoe is a great place!

TracyG said...

Thank you, Lyn!

Caroline Clemmons said...

Tracy, I loved that story. Best wishes for continued success! Write faster. LOL

TracyG said...

Thank, Carolyn. And I'll try!!

Beverly Wells author said...

I apologize for being a day late to this blog, but had to add my comment. This is just the type of historical romance I adore. Love it when people have to reach down and dig deep into their very souls to be able to truly forgive. I can't wait to see just how Mary deals with all of it. And how he will finally be able to forgive himself. Ya got a winner here. Congrats. And Happy Holidays.

TracyG said...

Thank you, Beverly! Happy holidays to you, too.

TracyG said...

Thank you, Beverly! Happy holidays to you, too.

TracyG said...

Before we all climb in our sleighs and head off to grandma's house for Christmas, I wanted to announce a winner of the e-book of COMING HOME.

Congratulations, LINDA HUBALEK!!! I'll be in touch.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Congratulations Linda. You're going to love this story.

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Congratulations Linda. You're going to love this story.